Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Jamison Harvest Ale and Elk

I picked 8 pounds of hops from the garden on Saturday and then brewed a harvest pale ale.
Cascade 3#
Chinook 2#
Columbus/Zeus/Tomahawk 2#
Centennial 1#

All 8 pounds went into a pale ale at 10,5,0, hopback. I saved .75# for dryhop (I freezed them).

It was hectic day picking and brewing and also packing for my New Mexico archery elk hunt.
Ran into a couple issues with a leak in the hop back and running out of ice for cooling but really no big deal. The recipe had a good amount of rye and I shot for a gravity of 1.057 to make it a more quaffable ipa.
I split the batch and pitched a decanted 1liter starter of WLP001 and WLP007.

Posting this on Wednesday night after a 800 mile commute - only another 1200 to New Mexico for my week long elk hunt.
I'm starting to get pumped up, but it won't hit me until I get there...



No comments:

Post a Comment