Sunday, June 9, 2013

APA, Jerky, Ribs, and Ribs 6/9/13

Brewed an APA today. Smoked some Venison jerky this morning. Did beef back ribs and beef shot ribs on the smoker tonight. I was a busy boy today....
The APA was 2 row, some munich, and some English C40. I went with a new hop called Belma for bittering and hit it with a combined 84 grams of Cacade, Centennial, Chinook at flameout.
Lots of citrus, almost smells like Citra going into the fermenter.

Update on the kettle elements. HLY is showing some surface rust at the base of the element. I'll hit it with some barkeepers friend and keep an eye on it. I may have to leave the kettle lids cracked during storage.

I did find some affordable stainless steel elements, but they dod not have a grounding screw. I would prefer to weld a fitting on the kettles and use the housing that has a grounding screw. I'll have to look into the kettle fittings.

and some BBQ ....
beef short ribs


beef back ribs 

No comments:

Post a Comment