Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lady Luck Lager - take 2 (Updated)

I liked my five gallon yeast experiment between 830 and 835 so much I decided I had to do it again.
The five gallons went pretty quick...

This time I made a 10 gallon batch and split between 830 and 835. I added carafoam to this grain bill.
the grain bill is (pils, sauer, Munich, melanoidin). Hallertau for bittering and Tettnang for  aroma.

This should complete the Christmas Eve beer menu preparations.

Updated - Based on previous fermentation experiments 830 is my favorite German strain.
 835 - Lager X is a very clean yeast compared to 830.
We'll see how the two yeast compare in different German beer styles in a few weeks.




Tasting notes: 835 is cleaner, but 830 seems to be a better beer with this recipe. Two more recipes to judge in the weeks to come...


No comments:

Post a Comment