Friday, February 7, 2014

Beer Engine at the Brewery

I picked this beer engine up this week and installed it tonight. It's mounted on the brew stand temporarily until I build a proper wood mounting box and setup refrigeration. Since the garage is in the 40 degrees we'll go with that for now. The casks are corny kegs with the dip tubes shortened about 1.5" and have a stainless mesh on the dip tube to prevent clogging. The casks are vented and then setup with a CO2 cask aspirator.

I just happen to have two cask condition beers to sample on the engine.
Both beers are historical recreations from the blog "Shut Up About Barkley Perkins".
1923 Courage Stout
1962 Fullers PA
Add caption


1923 Courage Stout with Sparkler

1962 Fullers PA with sparkler

1962 Fullers PA without sparkler

1923 Courage Stout without sparkler


After an hour the cask beer was very bright. I must not have moved them in place as gently as I thought I did. 

In the next few weeks, I'll build a proper stand for beer engine.

No comments:

Post a Comment