Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Lambic December 2014

New Years Eve 2014
I brewed a lambic with the traditional ingredients (barley, raw wheat),  multiple mash steps (120,150,160,170) and a three hour boil.
What a long day.
When using 40% raw wheat there are some unusual looking proteins left in the kettle.
Snot is the word that comes to mind.

The wort going into the fermentors was very clear, so there must be something about the multiple mash steps, long boil or the raw wheat.

I brewed to get a higher OG because I am adding boiled water to the fermentors to get my desired volume.
I split the wort going into the fermentors three ways.
I pitched a 2 year old batch of wort built up from Cantillon dregs.
I pitched a 2 year old batch of wort built up from Jolly Pumpkin dregs.
I pitched a 1 week old batch of wort built up from The Yeast Bay Farmhouse Sour.


Target tasting date: 12/31/2015

Happy New Years everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment