Friday, December 12, 2014

Noakes X 1915 - Tasting notes

Noakes brewery - Beer called X from 1915
Oh, this is good.
Caramel, toasty, like eating a Crisp bar without the chocolate.
Or Twix bar for us 'Merican's.

This is what invert sugar 3# tastes like. - it has 2.5# in 5 gallon batch.
I split this batch 50/50 and pitched two different White lab strains:
013 - Worthington White Shield
007 - Whitbread Dry - Less caramel comes through. I have seen color differences with yeast before, but this seems to be more than that. My caramel addition may have been more in this keg

Yep, someone is going to be pounding this on Christmas Eve - especially at 4%.
I'll drink the 007 batch - 013 is a better.

I've tried both Whitbread strains in multiple beers. Whitbread dry is better than Whitbread but I just like other strains better.

Note: Tasting notes are 60 days from brew day.



wlp013
wlp007




Inspiration: http://barclayperkins.blogspot.com/2009/10/1909-beer-style-guide-x-ale.html

No comments:

Post a Comment