Thursday, April 19, 2012

NY, NY for the day

I was in NYC for the day for work - Amazon Cloud Summit. Good stuff, if only I could get the company to invest it. But I digress, this blog is about beer.
On the way back to Penn Station, I was able to stop for a pint or two.
I stopped at Stout on 33st. Bunch of kids, had a lot of beers on tap but nothing really interesting for me.
Wait a tick, is that Brooklyn Lager I see on tap? I just happened to have a hoppy lager fermenting at home.
Ah, just what I needed after a long day, a refreshing beer with noble hops in the finish, I liked it., and I hope my latestlager turns out as good. Like I said Stout - too many kids for me,  so I move on to Penn Station. Wait, I have a few minutes to spare and I'm hungry. I decided to stop at Rattle and Hum. Decent tap list, friendly bartender  and decent food. I order a Bear Republic Black Racer - cause Racer 5 is one of my favorites - cause Speed Racer is the best. 8 oz. Black Racer on cask - small ipa and to be honest small flavor.  Sampled (1oz) of Bear Republic IPA (Apollo, Delta) - Delta no flavor , Apollo I think I picked up some hops. I'm making an Apollo pale ale in a few weeks, I can't believe this hop was tame - these beers must have been old. I order a pint of Bear Republic XP pale ale. Little bit of grapefruit, but I must be spoiled with the low alcohol pale ale hop bombs I've been brewing. Ordered 2 chicken sliders and they were tasty, a bit hot, and tiny. I'd go back to Rattle and Hum, nice little beer bar.
Off to the train, I make the  express with 15 minutes to spare. As I was waiting in Penn Station, I thought to myself, I could have stopped at another place and tried another beer. Oh well, work tomorrow and then off to Vegas for the week for work.
I'm sure I'll be stopping at Vegas Gordon Biersch for a Hefeweizen on Saturday. That should get me in the mood for my Hefeweizen yeast experiment the following weekend.

Go Flyers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment